Friday, August 3, 2007

Lavender Fields



During July, the lavender fields of Provence are in full bloom. You can find lavender everywhere....lavender soap, lavender sachets, lavender oil, lavender honey, lavender cookies...etc. It is beautiful and a wonderful smell! I have bought some lavendar oil and sachets that are stored in my suitcase and everytime I open it, it smells so wonderful! In case you are wondering, the 2 front people in the picture are Paula and Rebekah, 2 of the summer staff here.

3 comments:

Diane Larson said...

Hey, Lori. This is my first visit to a "blog". Jake had to tell me what to do. We enjoy receiving your updates, especially since we are familiar with the specifics unlike other ministries that we support. Wanted to pass on a prayer request. This week we are submitting a request to adopt a baby from Liberia. Please pray that if it is God's will everything will go well. Also pray for Jake as he is not sure about the race difference. The lavender is amazing. It reminds me of the sunflower fields we saw in South Dakota last summer. So beautiful en masse!
Diane

Cajun Tiger said...

First visit to your blog...i just found it on your latest newsletter. I linked it to mine under 'blogs on the mission field' =) I didn't know how sensitive your work is so I just put your first name.

Mountaineer said...

Mmmmm, lavender.... sounds heavenly! How are the lavender cookies? Don't think I've ever had lavender food- just scents.