Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Costa del Sol


Rachel (a fellow co-worker who lives in Marseilles) came to visit the first weekend in March. I was so excited to have her come visit!! Rachel and I worked together last summer in Marseilles. We picked up a rental car at the Malaga airport...an automatic of course. It was my first time driving in Spain! (not counting the time I practiced driving the Stahls' standard car at 6AM when there was no traffic). Without Rachel's expert navigation skills, I might still be driving around the traffic circles! We drove to Nerja and stayed overnight. Nerja is a quaint Spanish tourist town that caters to the British. The weather was beautiful that weekend and in the 70's. It was so good to have some time to relax on the beach and to walk around the beautiful beaches! We also visited the nearby caves which are among the largest in Europe where the stalagmites are huge!

No comments: